Painting Preparation Service in Glencoe
As with every project, a certain amount of preparation is needed to ensure that the job at hand is done safely - and correctly - from the get-go. Before our team at Peacock Decorators Inc. can begin to revitalize your Glencoe home, we like to make sure that each client is aware of the steps necessary to create an environment primed for a large (or small) scale painting job.
How We Prepare Your Home for Painting
Here are the steps that we take to ensure that your Glencoe home is fully prepared for painting, before any brush touches your walls:
- We move all heavy furniture or equipment to the center of the room. Next, we cover everything with plastic drops clothes or tarps. If needed, canvas drop cloths are placed on the floor to ensure that the flooring is protected, and that no one slips and falls during the painting process.
- We remove cover plates from light switches and power outlets, and protect the light switches with a layer of tape.
- We vacuum and dust the baseboards and moldings within the room to ensure that no dust or unwanted bits of dirt ends up on your canvas.
- Cover any door hardware (such as handles, bells, or locks) with painter’s tape and/or plastic bags, depending on the value or size of the hardware.
- We remove any unnecessary objects from the room (picture frames, plants, etc.) and place in it a safe place per the client’s direction.
- If painting the ceiling is part of our project, we cover ceiling lights, fans, or pendant lamps by either removing them completely, or covering them up with a bag or cloth. Afterwards, we suggest shutting off the circuit breaker that connects to the room to ensure that there are no electric surprises. If needed, we will bring in our own work lights instead of using the client’s.
- To ensure proper preparation work, we use spotlights to check the area for any necessary repairs, such as drywall or plaster damage.
- We specialize in “Level 5” finishes before applying paint or wall hangings. This means we fix any imperfections in the wall and apply a skim coat so the area is perfectly smooth before any paint is applied. This can be necessary if we’re working with bare drywall, stained or repaired areas, wood, high-gloss finishes, or base materials that may undercut the longevity of the paint.
Peacock Decorators Inc. has been helping the people, general contractors and designers of Glencoe since 1906. How have we stayed open for so long in such a competitive field? The answer is actually quite simple. Provide your clients with excellent customer service, a wide variety of high quality products and know that if you want a superior final result, then you must start with thorough prep work. In other words, if you are loyal to your customers and their expectations, then they will be loyal to your business.
If you live in Glencoe or the surrounding area and would like a company steeped in experience and focused on customer satisfaction, then contact Peacock Decorators Inc. We look forward to hearing from you!